I really have to give thanks to Wendy again posting all her Kumquat recipes, and this Kumquat Almond Tea Cakes is soooooooo delicious!
Wendy, if we could easily get hold of this Kumquat 365 days, how nice it would be so I can bake this Almond Tea Cakes every alternate days! I could eat the whole 18 pieces at one go!!! (Ha...how silly of me) Maybe we can use some other fruits puree??
Kumquat Almond Tea Cakesfully adapted from Wendy's - Table for 2....or more
35gm all purpose flour
50gm ground almond
½ tsp baking powder
50gm caster sugar (reduced to 2/3 of original ratio)
2 eggs (grade B)
60gm kumquat puree (recipe below)
18 pcs poached kumquat halves (recipe below)
1. Prepare 18 2 inch tart tins or 12 3 inch tins. Grease the tins with butter. Preheat oven at 150(fan)/170C
2. Sift flour and baking powder. Mix with ground almond, set aside.
3. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in eggs one by one, beating well after each addition.
5. Put in (2) in 2 additions, mixing well after each.
6. Mix in kumquat puree.
7. Divide batter equally into prepared tins and top with a kumquat half
8. Bake for 12 mins (2 inch) or longer for larger tins.
Weigh kumquats and prepare equal amount of water (in weight) and half amount of sugar (ratio: 2:2:1, kumquat:water:sugar, eg : 200gm:200gm:100gm)
Half kumquats and remove seeds. Put cleaned kumquats, sugar and water into a saucepan and cook (on med heat)until the kumquat looks glossy and soft. Remove 18 pcs of halves and puree the rest with some of the syrup. Unused puree can be eaten like jam.
Please do hop over to Wendy's Blog for more clearer details.
Delicious Kumquat Almond Tea Cakes!!