Monday, 6 June 2011
Before I intend to make this Dried Candy, the weather/the sun has been scorching up to 36 degrees everyday! So I thought, this is a good time of making this and might take a shorter days to complete drying the candy. But instead, it end up more than 6 days of drying. Right after I start putting out to dry, it has been raining everyday in the afternoon! This is why it took about 6 days of drying.
Dried Candy adapted from Table for 2 ..... or more
25gm agar-agar strips
200gm rock sugar
food colouring to your desire
1. Put water and the agar-agar strips into a saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil and cover with lid. With low heat, boil until all agar-agar strips have dissolved.
3. Throw in the rock sugar and sugar, cook until all sugar dissolves. The texture should be thick.
Put in your desire food colouring in.
4. Pour into the pan and once it has solidified, cut with a serrated knife.
5. Arrange cut pieces, serrated side down on a large tray lined with non stick baking paper.
6. Sun dry until a whitish crunchy crust appears. Turn jelly pieces every other day for proper exposure to