It is my eldest sister birthday today! She told me that she loves fruits on the cake. So I decided to bake her this Strawberry & Plum tray bake with cheeseripple.
The cake is soft and moist as cream cheese were part of the ingredients inside. It is indeed yummylicious!
I wish you a very Happy Birthday my dear sister! Have a wonderful time.
Recipe fully adapted from Table for 2 or more.....
and also from Technicolor Kitchen
Cream Cheese Mixture
125gm cream cheese
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
120gm soft brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
140gm all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
200gm blueberries & plum (you can use any fruits such as blueberries, raspberries, apricot)
1. Fully line an 8" square pan with overlapping baking paper. Grease the paper as well.
2. Rinse and pat dry the fruits. Cut into small pieces. Set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 160C.
4. Beat cream cheese, vanilla and sugar till creamy. Set aside.
5. Sift flour and baking powder. Set aside.
6. Cream butter and brown sugar till light and fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time, beating
well after each addition. Beat in vanilla extract.
7. Put in sifted flour and beat till well combined.
8. Pour half of the batter into the prepare pan as a base, spread it evenly.
9. Dollop half of the cream cheese over the batter and half of the fruits in it.
10. Spoon the remaining batter and dot the rest of cream cheese over.
11. Scatter the remaining fruits and lightly press the fruits in.
12. Bake for 35 mins. or until skewer comes out clean.
Do not overbake.