Wednesday, 18 May 2011
Thought of baking some light and easy cake to bring it over to my dad and sister. When the cake is done baking, the whole house is smell of banana smell! The texture is so soft; like eating cotton! Definitely will bake this again. Really yummy!
Recipe adapted from here
3 Eggs (medium)
200g Banana (Ripe & cut into small pcs)
150g cake flour
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp Baking soda
100g Corn oil (or any vegetable oil, canola or sunflower oil)
1/8 tsp vanilla Rum, optional
1. Preheat oven to 160 degree C.
2. Grease & line a 8" round tin pan or loaf pan with paper .
3. Sieve flour, baking powder & soda together. Sieve twice and set aside.
4. Whisk eggs, sugar , rum & banana at maximum speed in a mixer till stiff/ribbon stage.
5. Fold in flour and mix well. (You may use a spatula to mix it).
6. Add in corn oil and mix well till batter is shiny and flowing.
7. Bake for about 40 - 45mins till the skewer comes out clean.