I searched into Martha Stewart's website as I always loves recipes from her site and hence this simple Strawberry Cake is baked.
And Mother's Day is coming soon this Sunday, just wondering what would my favourite fellow bloggers going to bake for their mother. Maybe I should bake another Strawberry Cake for my beloved mother.
Strawberry Cakeadapted from Martha Stewart's site
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened, plus more for pie plate
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and halved
- Preheat oven to 170C. Butter a 10-inch pie plate (I used a 7" x 10" baking dish). Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together into a medium bowl.
- Put butter and 1 cup sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Reduce speed to medium-low; mix in egg, milk, and vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low; gradually mix in flour mixture. Transfer batter to buttered pie plate. Arrange strawberries on top of batter, cut sides down and as close together as possible. Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons sugar over berries.
- Bake cake 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 160C. Bake until cake is golden brown and firm to the touch, about 35 minutes. Let cool in pie plate on a wire rack. Cut into wedges. Cake can be stored at room temperature, loosely covered, up to 2 days.
- Have a slice with a cup of tea..... moist and yummy..