I'm cooking this Braised Duck Wing without a proper recipe. It is just according to my "tongue" taste and overall it is still delicious.
If you like to try my this recipe, it is just all based on my assumption. The ingredients goes like this ;
Braised Duck Wing adapted by Mel
8 pieces duck wing
4-5 slices ginger
1 clove garlic, chopped finely
1 shallot, chopped finely
2 star anise
1 (about 2" long) cinnamon
1/2 cup of Shao Xing Wine
2-3 tbsp soya sauce
1/2 tbsp dark soya sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tsp pepper
1 cup water
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Bring a pot of water to boil and put in the duck wings to blanch for about 20 seconds. Dish out and
pick off any feathers sticking in the wings if there's any. Usually there is.
2. Put oil in a frying pan and put in the ginger slices. Fry about 1 minute and put the chopped garlic,
shallot, star anise and cinnamon in. Fry for about 1 minute or till fragrant.
3. Pour in all the duck wings and stir fry for about 2 minutes.
4. Stir in the Shao Xing Wine, oyster sauce, soya sauce, dark soya sauce, pepper and water. Once it is
boil, lower the heat to slow and let it simmer till the wings are tender.
5. Serve hot with steamed rice.
My method of cooking this braise duck wings may not be in a proper way, but I think it is still taste to 80 points! Care to join me for dinner for this dish?