Today is my dear Sister S’s birthday!
Happy Birthday to you sis and may brighter days will shine upon you again! Make a wish, and hope the coming days and years be a smoother life journey to you.
I have wanted to bake this Oreo Cheesecake for so long but I waited to do this for a special occasion and for a special person. This is why I waited for this day to bake it.
I don’t know why recently most of the cakes and cookies that I have baked don’t turn up well and perfect for me. I just do not know what is the failure I have made as I’ve followed the steps as it was.
The base of this cake; the Chocolate Sponge, doesn’t look well perfectly done. Sigh….. but I still go ahead to use it. Just do not want to bake another one to go wasted.
Recipe adapted from Masam Manis
Chocolate Sponge Cake
3 eggs (Grade B)
62gm caster sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
50gm all purpose flour (sifted)
10gm cocoa powder (sifted)
½ tsp baking powder
35gm melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 170C. Grease and lined an 8” round pan.
2. Combine all ingredients except the melted butter in the mixing bowl and whisk till
light and fluffy.
3. Add in the melted butter with a spatula and mix till well combined.
4. Pour in to the prepare baking pan and bake for about 20-25 minutes till well baked.
5. Cool on the rack.
6. Slice the cake about 2cm high.
250g cream cheese, at room temperature (I use Philadephia)
80g caster sugar
100g white cooking chocolate, melted
250g whipping cream
15g gelatin powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 packet Oreo Biscuit
1. Put the 50g water in a medium bowl and sprinkle the gelatin powder on top. Let it stand
for 5 minutes. Using double boiler method, melt till the gelatin dissolved, set aside.
2. Melt the white chocolate using double boiler method, and set aside.
3. Beat the cream cheese and sugar together till light and creamy. (please make sure the
cream cheese is at room temperature).
4. Add in the melted white chocolate.
5. Pour in the gelatin and mix till combined.
6. Add the vanilla extract in.
7. In another bowl, whip the whipping cream till light and firm.
8. Add 1/3 of the whipping cream into the cream cheese mixture and mix well.
Add the remaining whipping cream and mix all to combined well together.
9. Scoop the cream cheese into the piping bag.
1. Put the nicely slice chocolate sponge cake into the round 8” loose pan/or spring form pan.
2. Pipe out one layer covering the whole top of the sponge cake.
3. Place few Oreo biscuits around the top cream cheese layer.
4. Pipe again one layer of cream cheese on top of the Oreo.
5. Place another few pieces around the cream cheese again.
6. Pipe the final layer of cream cheese covering all up the Oreo and smooth the top nicely.
7. Refrigerate the Cheesecake at least 4 hours.
8. Remove the Cheesecake from refrigerator and smooth nice the top and the side.
9. Decorate your Cheesecake to your desire design!
In order to get a nicely perfect Cheesecake slice cut, have your knife to soak into the hot warm water for few minutes. Make sure to wipe dry the knife first before cutting.
Cream Cheese, White Chocolate and Whipping Cream...... rich and creamy cake!
Practice makes perfect.......next time if I were to make this again!
S, hope you have enjoyed this delicious cake....erh...... I mean devouring looking at