I wasn't prepared to post this Strawberry Cake..... must be bored of me keep making Strawberry Cake lately. But anyway, still put it up to my blog here.
I loves the colour of this cake, rose red. I was so impressed when I saw Grace post this Rose Bouquet Strawberry Birthday cake; of the piping out the rose frosting. So beautiful. Wish I can do that.....
Well, I just make it simple frosting on my cake.
Adapted from Apron Of Grace
- 1 cup Butter(227g)
- 2 & 1/2 cups Sugar (I used 330g only)
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 5 Egg Whites
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Red Food Coloring
- 1 & 1/4 cups Pureed Strawberries
- 3 cups Cake Flour, sifted (375g)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- pinch Salt
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and line 2 9" round cake pans.
- In a medium bowl, beat butter with sugar for 3 minutes.
- Add egg yolks one at a time, then the vanilla, food coloring and strawberries, beat for another 3 minutes.
- Sift dry ingredients and add to butter/egg mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Mix just till combined.
- In another bowl and clean beaters, beat egg whites till stiff and add in an increment of 3 to cake batter, being sure to fold in thoroughly but gently.
- Pour batter equally to the 2 cake pans. Bake for 20-25 minutes or till skewer comes out clean.
For the Frosting, I used the same frosting from my Red Velvet Cake.
Cream Cheese Frosting
125g cream cheese
50g unsalted butter
80g icing sugar
1 cup fresh cream, whipped until stiff
1. Beat cream cheese with butter until soft.
2. Turn mixer to low speed, add icing sugar a little at a time, whisk until well
3. Add whipped cream, stir through with a spatula.
Overall the cake is moist inside. Well, this cake is very suitable for a birthday cake if you wish to bake for someone birthday!!