280g all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon baking soda
226 unsalted butter, at room temperature
200g sugar (I reduced 20g as I find it too sweet)
115g packed light brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs
340g semi-sweet chocolate chips
100g finely chopped pecans ( I changed it to walnut)
1. Preheat the oven to 190ºC. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda.
3. Beat butter on medium speed for about 1 min till smooth, add in all the sugars and beat till well
blended. Add in vanilla extract.
4. Add in the eggs, one at a time beating well after each addition.
5. On low speed, add in the flour mixture, mixing all well till incorporated.
6. Using a spatula, mix the chocolate chips and walnuts in.
7. Spoon about 1 tablespoons, with slightly rounded onto the baking sheets, leaving in between 2 in away.
8. Bake at preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes till the edges are brownish and golden in colour.
9. Remove from oven and let the cookies rest for 1 minute before transfer to the cooling rack.
Enjoying my cup of coffee and the chocolate chips cookies now! Want one?