I have not been baking any cookies lately. Thought of making something light to munch and bake something difference from its original recipes, which called for California Raisin, I changed it to dried cranberries instead. I have bought the dried cranberries quite sometime and been sitting inside the fridge, so I better make used of it before it expired.
And here it is Cranberries Cookies
270g plain flour, sieved
100g dried cranberries, chopped small (original recipes called for raisins)
120g icing sugar
1 tsp grated orange rind
1 small egg, beaten
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1) Preheat oven to 170C.
2) Sieve plain flour into a mixing bowl, rub butter into the flour till it resembles breadcrumbs.
3) Add chopped cranberries, icing sugar and orange rind into the flour mixture and mix well.
4) Add in the beaten egg and vanilla essence in and mix to firm dough.
5) Drop mixture teaspoon by teaspoon of the dough into the lightly greased baking tray.
6) Bake at a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Munching this mini cookies with a cup of coffee or tea is out of words........... though I think sticking the original recipe for raisins is much better. The dried cranberries seems to be a little hard to chew on.