I have bookmarked this recipe for quite awhile and only till today I have cooked it as I seldom cooked beef though I love to eat beef. When you stir fry beef slices, it is advisable to get the rump part or the tenderloin slice.
This recipe adapted from Ellie of Almost Bourdain
300g rump steak, thinly sliced
2 stalks scallion/spring onion, cut into 5cm length
50g ginger, thinly sliced
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tbsp cornflour
1/2 tbsp oil
Salt & white pepper
Splash of sesame oil
1. Marinate beef slices with soy sauce, cornflour and oil for 15-30 minutes.
2. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a wok under high heat until smoking hot.
3. Add sliced ginger and give it a quick stir for a minute.
4. Add beef and scallions and quickly stir fry for a further 1-2 minutes until the beef turned brown and just
cooked and scallions are slightly wilted.
5. Season with salt and white pepper and add a splash of sesame oil. Mix well and serve immediately with
The scallion/spring onions supposed to be cut into 5cm length but my "kitchen helper" voluntarily helped out without consulting me has cut into small pieces! :-(
The splash of sesame oil at the end completed cooking, brings out the aroma and taste to the beef. In have dash in black pepper instead of white pepper.