If you want a fuss free of preparing what to cook for dinner, roast chicken is the easy way. And, less plate and utensils to wash up after preparing the dish!
Here it is Honey & Ginger Roast Chicken..........
Recipe adapted from here.
50gm fresh ginger, slice thinly
1 medium lemon (about 140g)
55g (1/4 cup firmly packed) brown sugar
1/3 cup (120g) honey
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 fresh green chilli, chopped (optional)
3 or 4 (about 350g each) chicken drumsticks
1. Cut ginger slices into thin strips. Remove lemon rind thinly either using a zester or a peeler. Cut rind
into thin strips.
2. Stir sugar, honey and water in medium saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolved; bring to a
boil. Add ginger and simmer for 5 minutes till the ginger is tender. Transfer to a larger bowl and stir
in the garlic, lemon rind and chilli.
3. Cut deep slashes through the thick part of the chicken flesh at 2cm intervals; put into the honey ginger
mixture. Cover the marinade/refrigerate 3 hours or overnight turning chicken occasionally.
4. Preheat oven to 180C. Place chicken in single layer and roast uncovered for about 40 minutes or till
chicken is browned and cooked.
5. Top chicken with green onions and served with steamed rice.
I have put in 2 medium size potatoes (cut into big chunks) and 3 tomatoes in to bake together with the chicken. Sprinkle some sea salt and freshly ground black pepper on top of it.
Delicious!! Only bones left..............