Biscotti! Italian cookies. Hard work as you have to bake twice and more of it, the slicing thinly of it. If you slice it too thick, it doesn't taste as good; if you slice it too thin, there is no bite to it. So you need to slice it at just right size and must be consistent about it. And I'm more willing to divulge!
I came across some biscotti just only needed egg white and some with the whole eggs in it. You can make to compare which one suits you the best! Mine is like this.....
980g cake flour
1 kg whole almonds
2 tsp baking powder
1. Prebake the almonds at 130C for 20 minutes.
2. Mix flour, sugar and baking powder.
3. Add in beaten eggs
4. Mix well and add whole almonds.
5. Dip hand into flour mixture and knead dough portion by portion.
6. Knead into log shape (depends on tray size, but usually 3cm thick).
7. Glaze dough with egg white.
8. Bake at 150C for 35 minutes. Let cool for overnight.
9. Next day, slice the log thinly, place on tray and bake for 10 minutes at 150C.
|Dipping a slice of biscotti in the coffee is yummy!|