I have bookmarked this recipe for quite awhile but only till now I managed to make it. I don't usually cook food in deep fry way because I can get heaty very easily.
Pumpkin is a very healthy food and we can use pumpkin in many ways of our cooking, be in in sweet dessert or in savoury ways.
Adapted from Gourmand Recipes
1 cup coarsely grated pumpkin (I grated too fine)
½ tbsp salt
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp dried yeast
½ tsp sugar
2/3 cup milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
¼ cup, finely chopped coriander
1 red chilli, finely chopped
½ tsp ground black pepper
1. Place grated pumpkin in a bowl and scatter with salt. Cover and set aside
For 30 mins. (this step is to extract the moisture from the pumpkin).
Squeeze extra liquid from the pumpkin and set aside.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder, yeast and sugar in a large bowl. Mix in the
Milk and egg. Stir in the pumpkin, coriander, chilli and ground black pepper.
3. Cover and set aside in a warm place till double in size (about 1 hour).
4. Heat oil in deep fryer (about 180C). Deep fry 1 tablespoon full of the batter, in
batches, turning once until golden.
5. Drain on paper. Serve with your favourite dipping sauce.
Indeed a delicious "afternoon snack" or out for a picnic!