Blogger Widgets

Thursday 25 September 2014

Gingernuts Cookies

I have a few cookies recipes which I've bookmarked using Ginger thinking to be baked during Christmas time but every year, I always miss out baking those bookmarked recipes.  

When Hui of Waltzing Butterflies posted her Gingernut cookies recently, and looking at the simple ingredients and steps to prepare, and in no time wasted, I made mine today.




GINGERNUTS COOKIES
makes 16 cookies

Ingredients
105g flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 ½ tsp ground ginger
40g brown sugar
50g unsalted butter, cold, diced
1 tbsp + 2 tsp golden syrup

Method
Preheat oven to 180C.

Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and ground ginger together in a mixing bowl. Add in the brown sugar till combined.

Mix in the diced butter into the dry ingredients till crumbly.

Add in the golden syrup into the mixture and mix till become stiff paste.  

Divide into 16 pcs and roll into balls  Place them onto the baking sheet and flatten the balls slightly.

Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or till cookies turn golden brown and cracked.

Original recipe from Delia Online





If you love ginger, you will definitely love this Ginger Cookies!




16 comments:

  1. Haha! The blue moon craving affected you too, eh? I just love how crackly your cookies look, mel! And I feel like whipping up a batch again after seeing yours! Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did, so you don't have to load up on arnott's anymore. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to you for making me made this cookies! You're right... I don't need to look for "A" Ginger cookies anymore and moreover they are quite costly here too.....

      Delete
  2. Hi Mel,
    These ginger cookies looks wonderful.
    They are my mum's favorite. Got to bake some for her this Christmas. ;)
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel, I like ginger cookies so much ! Great to see this recipe here...Thanks for sharing Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mel, I'm feeling the 'jingle bell ... jingle bell' ... seeing your lovely ginger cookies really brings some festive cheers to me now ! yummy-licious !

    ReplyDelete
  5. spicy cookies.. now we don't need to wait till that festive season for ginger cookies.... my cookie jar's empty dear ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. these get me in the mood for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mel your ginger nut cookies look exactly like Arnott's'. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. although i dont really bake cookies for christmas and have never tried baking ginger cookies too, i shall keep this recipe of yours. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yay... my fave cookies :D
    Beautifully baked Mel :D Macam ori

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mel! I am so happy to be greeted by this, this is one of my favourite cookies! Wish i could just grab a few off the screen :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mel! I don't really like ginger cookies but I won't mind tasting one of your homemade ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Mel,

    I wonder if my ginger loving aunties will love these cookies... Got to bake these for them :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Mel! We love gingers both in sweets and savory dish! The texture looks like the type I really love for the cookies! With green tea, this will be a perfect snack for me. :)

    ReplyDelete