And now back home here, I try again. I made a small batch instead, but I made this using the overnight sponge.
XI PAN 喜粄
Recipe sourced from Wendy of Table for 2...or more
Ingredients for sponge dough: (A)
1 tsp. yeast
150 gm. plain flour
125 ml. water
150 gm. Plain flour
150 gm. glutinous rice flour
125 gm. sugar
150 gm. water
a few drops of pink colouring
Banana leaves - grease with oil (I used greased proof paper)
(1) Mix all the ingredients for sponge dough, cover and keep overnight.
(2) Mix all the ingredients (A) and (B) together into a soft dough and proof for another 4 hours.
(3) Divide soft dough into 50 gm. each (rub palm with cornoil) and place on top of a greased banana leaf. Leave to proof for another 15 mins.
(4) Steam over moderate heat for 15 mins.
(5) Remove from steamer and leave to cool.
I wakes up at 5am to make this........just for breakfast!
Soft and chewy in texture!