Blogger Widgets

Thursday 17 May 2012

Strawberry Cake...... Oh, not again!!

I wasn't prepared to post this Strawberry Cake..... must be bored of me keep making Strawberry Cake lately.  But anyway, still put it up to my blog here.

I loves the colour of this cake, rose red.  I was so impressed when I saw Grace post this Rose Bouquet Strawberry Birthday cake; of the piping out the rose frosting.  So beautiful.  Wish I can do that.....

Well, I just make it simple frosting on my cake.


Strawberry Cake
Adapted from Apron Of Grace

Ingredients
  • 1 cup Butter(227g)
  • 2 & 1/2 cups Sugar  (I used 330g only)
  • 2 Egg Yolks
  • 5 Egg Whites
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
  • 1 teaspoon Red Food Coloring
  • 1 & 1/4 cups Pureed Strawberries
  • 3 cups Cake Flour, sifted (375g)
  • 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
  • 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
  • pinch Salt
  • 1 cup Buttermilk
Method
  1. Preheat oven to 180C.  Grease and line 2  9" round cake pans.
  2. In a medium bowl, beat butter with sugar for 3 minutes.
  3. Add egg yolks one at a time, then the vanilla, food coloring and strawberries, beat for another 3 minutes.
  4. Sift dry ingredients and add to butter/egg mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
  5. Mix just till combined.
  6. In another bowl and clean beaters, beat egg whites till stiff and add in an increment of 3 to cake batter, being sure to fold in thoroughly but gently.
  7. Pour batter equally to the 2 cake pans.  Bake for 20-25 minutes or till skewer comes out clean. 

For the Frosting, I used the same frosting from my Red Velvet Cake.
Cream Cheese Frosting
125g cream cheese
50g unsalted butter
80g icing sugar
1 cup fresh cream, whipped until stiff

1.  Beat cream cheese with butter until soft.
2.  Turn mixer to low speed, add icing sugar a little at a time, whisk until well
      blended.
3.  Add whipped cream, stir through with a spatula.



Overall the cake is moist inside.  Well, this cake is very suitable for a birthday cake if you wish to bake for someone birthday!!

7 comments:

  1. the pink cake looks so pretty - very perfect for a feminine birthday cake i think :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In fact, i just made again the strawberry mousse cake for my youngest sister birthday tomorrow, hehehe..Your strawberry is look beautiful and the taste must be good too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knock.. Knock.. I m walking tru your kitchen door...

    WOW... very colourful & wonderful kitchen u have here..

    ReplyDelete
  4. This cake looks so delicious and love the frosting so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not the same la.
    So so different.
    I think we both share immense love for bakes with fruits. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janine,
    I guess this cake fits for a lady! Becoz I'm sure they loves this colour.

    Sonia,
    Thanks for your comments. When we like a certain cake, we will bake it again and again and let our family enjoy it.

    Ogyep Yummy Mellow
    Thanks for your comments. Feel free to "walk" in my kitchen here!

    Radhika,
    It does taste delicious but I will still want to cut down a little on the sugar.

    Wendy,
    Guess you are right, anything with fruits, especially berries, I go goo goo ga ga and want to bake a special cake with those season berries.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your strawberry cake is so pink in colour! Lovely indeed.

    Latest: Romantic Affair 2.0

    ReplyDelete