I done my first pudding when I am still studying in the Home Science class. I remember that time, after I've finished baking that egg pudding, I brought it back home for my mum to taste and she immediately loves it. After that, I totally forgotten how to make it till now though it is so easy to make. Herewith, after been lapse for so long, this is the steamed egg with milk custard.
I don't know whether this is something similar with the Hongkee used to eat "Dun Tan" or not; but correct me if I am wrong.
STEAMED EGG WITH MILK CUSTARD
170ml fresh milk
60gm rock sugar
3-4 slices of ginger
1. Boil the water with the rock sugar and ginger slices till sugar dissolves.
2. Pour in the milk to slightly heat it up. Let the syrup cool for about 10 mins.
3. Meanwhile, heat up a steamer,once the water boils, lower to medium heat.
4. Lightly beat the eggs and add in the warm syrup, mix well.
5. Strain the egg mixture into ramekins and remove any foam from the mixture.
6. Cover the ramekins with a piece of foil, place them in the steamer.
7. Steam over medium heat for about 20 to 25 minutes till custard is set.
8. Served warm or chilled.
If you like egg tart, this pudding is something similar like that.
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers # 20 Asian Dessert Buffet (June 2012) hosted by Moon of Food Playground