When Rima posted and mentioned that this pound cake is so delicious, it just tempted me to go ahead to bake it, And she is right, it is better than Orange Sicilian Cake! You thought it is just plainly a pound cake but wait till it goes into you mouth. It is so moist and with the citrus zest in the cake makes the cakes taste ....... orh.....I speak no more but you have to bake it to find out yourself.
I gave a few slices to my neighbour and she commented the same too.
Tish Boyle's Plainly Perfectly Pound Cakeadapted from Rima of Bisous A Toi & Shirley of kokken69
200g Plain flour
1/4 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp Salt
227g Unsalted butter (softened)
250g castor sugar (I added only 200g)
4 Large eggs
1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
1 tsp grated orange zest
1 tsp vanilla extract
80ml Heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 170C.
2. Sift flour with baking powder and salt and set aside.
3. Cream butter in a mixer at medium high speed until creamy. Add sugar gradually and
continue beating for 4 mins until light and fluffy.
4. Reduce the mixing speed of the mixer to low and add eggs one at a time mixing until well
5. Add the citrus zest and vanilla extract.
6. Add flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating it with cream (added in 2 additions).
7. Pour into 2 lined 3"x 7" pound cake mold and bake for 60-70 mins or until the cake turns
brown and a testing skewer comes out clean.
It does lives up to that name; it's plain but perfect.....pound cake !!