I have bookmarked this recipe for quite awhile and only till today I have cooked it as I seldom cooked beef though I love to eat beef. When you stir fry beef slices, it is advisable to get the rump part or the tenderloin slice.
300g rump steak, thinly sliced
2 stalks scallion/spring onion, cut into 5cm length
50g ginger, thinly sliced
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tbsp cornflour
1/2 tbsp oil
Salt & white pepper
Splash of sesame oil
1. Marinate beef slices with soy sauce, cornflour and oil for 15-30 minutes.
2. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a wok under high heat until smoking hot.
3. Add sliced ginger and give it a quick stir for a minute.
4. Add beef and scallions and quickly stir fry for a further 1-2 minutes until the beef turned brown and just
cooked and scallions are slightly wilted.
5. Season with salt and white pepper and add a splash of sesame oil. Mix well and serve immediately with
The scallion/spring onions supposed to be cut into 5cm length but my "kitchen helper" voluntarily helped out without consulting me has cut into small pieces! :-(
The splash of sesame oil at the end completed cooking, brings out the aroma and taste to the beef. In have dash in black pepper instead of white pepper.