I have made these Buttermilk Chocolate Cake in my previous post before but this time, I change it to adapt to cupcakes instead. The ingredients remains the same ....
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C. In a medium bowl, combine the buttermilk and baking soda. Set aside in a warm place.
- In a large bowl, mix together 2 cups sugar, eggs, 3 tablespoons cocoa powder, oil and 2 teaspoons vanilla until blended. Stir in the boiling water, then gradually beat in the flour. Stir in the buttermilk mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared paper cupcakes. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
Thought of making Coffee Buttercream for the topping, but kind of lazy! Hmm....excuses! So I topped it with red colour chocolate rice!