It been quite awhile I have not updated or publish any post as I didn't have the mood to bake or cook anything special. Well, in fact I did, I've baked a fruit cake and some mini buns. Just doesn't have the mood spending time taking shots from it.
And today, I bake Madeleines. First time baking madeleines and......... first time tasted what is a Madeleines!!
The Madeleines ingredients called for .....
100g icing sugar
1 grated orange zest (original recipe called for lemon zest)
100g cake flour
20g ground almond
3g baking powder
100g unsalted butter (melted)
1 tsp vanilla essence
1. Sieve flour and baking powder.
2. Whisk eggs with icing sugar. Add orange zest and ground almond, whisk till soft peaks.
3. Fold in flour and baking powder.
4. Stir in melted butter, bit by bit.
5. Mix in vanilla essence.
6. Pour batter into a bowl and shrink wrap it to refrigerate for 12 hours.
After 12 hours or more.......
7. Preheat oven to 200C.
8. Brush the madeleine molds with melted butter and sprinkle flour onto it. Tap the pans to remove excess
9. Remove batter from fridge and spoon the batter into the madeleine molds.
10. Bake in oven for 3 minutes thereafter reduce to 180C for 10-12minutes or till skewer comes out clean.
11. Unmold and cool on rack.
See the hump? That is normal....... a hump on the back! Can't stop and resist myself from munching away as I busy taking pictures of it. Munch, munch, munch and it taste delicious when it is fresh out from the oven.... Want one?